Women Development Cell
As per the guidelines of the Vice-Chancellor of University of Mumbai, the College has introduced a Women’s Development Cell in the academic year 2011-12. The Women’s Development Cell (WDC) is a statutory body for the prevention/action against sexual harassment of women. It looks into the grievances/complaints of teaching, non teaching staff and students, especially in cases of gender discrimination.
To organize programmes related to problems of girls. Set mechanism for prevention of sexual harassment of teachers, employees, students of the college and redressal of grievances relating to sexual harassment, incidences and penalty for those who indulge in sexual harassment, in accordance with the provisions of the Sexual Harassment of Women at Work place (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013.
To organize programmes based on guidelines given by the „Board of Students’ Development‟ of the university. To arrange competitions like „Rangoli, Mehandi, crafts and poster presentation for girl students.
• To create awareness of sexual harassment through guest lectures
• To ensure protection of girls/women from sexual harassment studying/working in the premises
• To redress the cases of sexual harassment if any
• To enforce disciplinary framework for students
• To organize workshops, seminars and talks to convey the message of Gender Equality (Gender Sensitization Workshops)
• To organize the gender awareness through posters/slogans/essay competition/screening of films/street plays
• To organize the programs with other associations of the college such as Students council, Cultural Association, etc.
Dr.M. K. Bhandari : Chairperson
Prof. G. R.Vishe
Prof. P. P. Bhagat
Mrs. R. R. Ghude